Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nielsen and Me: Day 5 .....

We had our fifth day as a Nielsen Media Research (television ratings) family on Monday. I admit, it's not a healthy sign, but I DO structure a part of my day around television viewing ..... morning work is wrapped-up, a lunch is heated-up, and I'm sitting-down at 11:30 so I can watch Arrested Development on one of the free hi-def channels (HDNET - 730) that Suddenlink offers. For whatever reason, I missed this show during its first run ..... but I'm making up for it, now, and I'm totally addicted.

Then there's local news ..... to which I am NOT totally addicted, but I am interested, and I do need to keep in touch with what's going on. You've probably noticed some of the promos running the last couple weeks, special reports airing during the month of November. I haven't been paying much attention to those, but I have been doing some surfing, looking at the different products, and seeing what they offer. Really, I haven't been seeing a LOT of differences ..... many of the same stories are covered, though their placement in the rundown might be a little different. One difference I have noticed is that the CBS affiliate (KOSA - 7) has been looking better lately. I always had a problem with how dim - almost dark - their broadcast looked sometimes ..... but that HAS improved ..... has someone been working on studio lighting and camera angles lately? In that respect, they're catching-up with the NBC affiliate (KWES - 9) which has long had a better-looking signal.

No comments: