Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nielsen and Me: Day 4 .....

We had our fourth day as a Nielsen Media Research (television ratings) family on Sunday ..... a different kind of viewing day since the television is off for so much of it. However .....

Fans of American football will be glad to know that they will have some of that to enjoy on television next fall, thanks to me. We spent a part of our Sunday afternoon watching the
Pittsburgh Steelers come from behind to defeat the Cleveland Browns on CBS (KOSAHD - 703).

That evening, My Favorite Landman and I enjoyed
Meatloaf in a "Three Bats Live" concert performance on one of the free hi-def channels (HDNET - 730) that Suddenlink offers. The program was recorded earlier this year, at the John Labatt Centre in Ontario, Canada, as part of HDNet's concert series ..... and I'm glad they got it when they did! Just last month, promoters had to cancel the rest of the "Three Bats Live" tour, when doctors found a cyst on the 60-year-old rocker's vocal chords. As for that night, it was a great performance by the Dallas, Texas native, and included a great selection of old hits and new material ..... including his trademark "Bat Out of Hell," which remains one of the great anthems of rock'n'roll love. I have to admit, though, that much as I enjoyed the concert, I found myself missing Todd Rundgren, Max Weinberg, Jim Steinman and Ellen Foley.

No comments: