Friday, November 23, 2007

I Like a Bargain As Much As the Next Guy .....

..... but there is absolutely no way I'm going out at oh-dark-thirty in the morning to take part in that annual American orgy of consumption we now call Black Friday. I don't care what kind of 'door busters' retailers are offering ..... and I don't care if I'm missing a chance to get my face on the news - sharing my special philosophy on consumerism - as I line up in a dark, freezing parking lot for an 'early bird special.'

2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

We've stayed in all day, on purpose. I'm with you!

Jeff said...

Janie, good for you! Me? Like I said, I appreciate a good bargain, which is one reason I do some Christmas shopping through much of the year - an item here, and item there. Then, there's online shopping, which I do A LOT of!