Friday, September 07, 2007

The Company I Keep .....

Among those born on this day are Queen Elizabeth the First (1558), painter Grandma Moses (1860), financier John Pierpont Morgan, Jr. (1837), novelist Taylor Caldwell (1900), heart surgeon Dr. Michael DeBakey (1908), astronomer/space scientist James Alfred Van Allen (1914), football coach/owner Paul Brown (1908), film director/producer Elia Kazan (1909), jazz musician Sonny Rollins (1930), singer Gloria Gaynor (1949), and West Texas' very own rock legend, Charles Hardin "Buddy" Holly (1936) .....
..... oh, yeah ..... and me (1957).

9 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff!

Jeff said...

Thank you, Janie! How are YOU, today? Feeling better, I hope.

Eric Siegmund said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! Someday, some blogger will be including your name along with those others as he identifies the notable people born on his birthday. ;-)

Jeff said...

Eric, thank you, my friend. If I could just get my Mom to blog, I'd already have THAT.

spookyrach said...

Ha ha! (uses voice of that kid on King of the Hill with hair in his eyes) "Your mom...blogs..."

Thanks for the kind words yesterday. (I'm actually in the town right next door to you. I probably can't get in touch this trip, but I'll be in the area a lot for a while. We'll definitely have to meet!)

Jeff said...

Hi, Spookyrach. I know the kid you mean ... that's great. We will get together sometime, you and I and our significant others ..... are you going to have that 'not-kicked-the-bucket' party someday?

spookyrach said...

Ha ha! Someday, but he is resistant. He claims that everytime I plan a not dead yet party, something bad happens.

I think he's just overly suspicious! ha!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday...we share the same month of September for a birthday, although, I have a feeling I could be a bit older than you...I'll turn...gah dang it Jeff, I can't even write it down. It's big though. REALLY big.

Jeff said...

Thank you, Julie. I'm sure it's not THAT big!