Sunday, March 18, 2007

Major Words from 'Minor' Prophets .....

Our Sunday School lesson, this morning at First Prez-Midland, was on the virtue of Justice, and included a reminder that even the 'minor' prophets of the Bible spoke words of major consequence, that continue to have a major use and impact to this day ..... there are many (myself included) who might recognize the quote, but would be hard-pressed to cite the source (other than the fact that it's somewhere in the Bible) .....

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
Micah 6: 8

"I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream."
Amos 5: 21-25

No comments: