Sunday, April 02, 2006

Slings and Arrows, Pt. 3 ... et tu, Arch? ...

I promise, this is the last post I will make on this topic ... at least, for today ...

I've been thinking some more about something I posted last week, about "suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous (and undeserved) fortune" ...

In the first post, I was happy to chide Eric, at Fire Ant Gazette, for letting fly some underserved darts ... then, later, I took some of the "Day Without a Mexican/Latino/Immigrant/Whatever" protesters, for loosing some of their own ...

Anybody else?

Well, yeah ... how about ME ? ...

Did I take some unworthy, and undeserved shots at some new arrivals to West Texas' corner of the blogosphere?

Perhaps I have ... in re-reading that post, I realize that I might have chosen my words more carefully and, perhaps, have avoided the tone of hubris I percieved in some of their opening statements ... especially N2News' ...

I realize, in retrospect, that statements like, "I spend too many hours-a-day, too many days-a-week, working broadcast and online news, to come home and have somebody presume to tell me all about it ..." make me out to be no better thatn some of the self-appointed media experts out there ... those who say so much, but apparently know so little about the profession and its practitioners ...

mea culpa ...

And welcome ... and write well ... and write often ... you have already assuaged some of my fears that we were going to hear nothing but the same old rants about the media ... and posted thoughts and views about the rest of the world, too ... of which, the media (my beloved profession) is, really, just a small part ...

No comments: