Friday, May 07, 2010

Another Reminder of How Far Out of the Loop I Can Get ...

So, why do some people in other parts of the world have a negative view of America and its people? Is it because of our President (or his predecessor)? Is it because of our government, our culture, our religion (or lack thereof), our sense of superiority (both real and perceived)? Or, is it because of news stories such as the one that headlined yesterday's "The Scoop" at msnbc.com

Now, I don't ususally read "The Scoop." But yesterday's installment merited a headline on msnbc.com's home page ... and, c'mon, what red-blooded guy isn't going to click on "F-cup breasts aren’t big enough for Montag" ???

In doing so, I learned that, "Heidi Montag isn’t done having surgery, and Ryan Seacrest is to blame ... that’s according to Spencer Pratt, who says that his wife, Montag, was happy with her newly enhanced F-cup breasts until a visit to Seacrest’s radio studio ... 'When Heidi entered the studio, Ryan told her that her breasts didn’t look that big to him,' Pratt told
Life & Style, 'She was taken aback. She came home in shock.'”

I'm a little shocked, too ... though for different reasons. When you think about some of the issues people are facing, it's hard to imagine that Ms. Montag's angst over her bosom would merit news coverage, let alone any interest on our part. BUT, that interest IS there ... it's the cover story on Life & Style, for example, and people are buying the mag, and clamoring for more coverage in all media.

Me? I'm clamoring for a clue, and this is where the "out of the loop" part of my title comes in. I had to Google Montag's name, just to find out who the heck she is. I've never seen an episode of Laguna Beach," and ditto for "The Hills" ... though I DID see an episode of "Family Guy" where Brian the Dog was dating one of the cast members from "The Hills."

So, now I know who she is ... and that's more than enough for me, thank you very much. I'll climb back under my rock, now, while she climbs back into the spotlight. But it's a shame, really, that we couldn't shine that light on someone else ... there are an awful lot of deserving people out there, REAL people doing things of REAL significance with their lives.

3 comments:

Pancho said...

They look OK to me.....but what do I know.

Jeff said...

LOL, you got THAT right ... even if it does mean rearing-up on our hind legs and disagreeing with the great Seacrest!

Thanks for stopping-in ... it's been a long time, my friend.

Geo said...

Well, now you know who she is. Add a few thousand more who now know that, and she has accomplished her mission.