Monday, February 25, 2008

My First Day At the Office .....

... went just fine, thank you! After a couple of interviews, checking references and going over my work experience, transcripts, and all that, Midland College offered me the job of Web Designer, and I accepted. I am primarily responsible for the design, update and maintenance of pages related to Midland College's website, but I'll also be expected to contribute to other projects, in other media, as well.

I'll be working for Chip McCarver, who knows a thing or ten about the Internet, himself, and I expect I'll be expanding upon what I already know - on an almost daily basis. They've taken me around MC's public information & media office, and it's as fine a group of co-workers as one could ask for, and the equipment is great! It's a Monday-Friday, eight-to-five kind of job ..... which will actually be a refreshing change from the all-days, all-hours kind of work I've done in television and print the last twenty years.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'm heading to the southside Starbucks for coffee and conversation this evening ..... sharing my first-day stories, while listening to another West Texas blogger - Becky at Knitting Barista - with her own first-day stories to share.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!

Les said...

Congratulations Jeff.

Jeff said...

Jim, Les, thanks for stopping in, and for the best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, congrats. That sounds like a fun job. I know you'll do a great job.

Jordan Williams
(Yes, I still read your blog from afar. I always count on you to offer neat insights on West Texas life.)

Jeff said...

Jordan, THANK YOU for dropping in. Hope all is well with you and your work ..... and that you still finf time and opportunities to play the organ.

spookyrach said...

Congrats!!!

I know you'll love working at the college. College jobs are always fun. (Well, that's a big fat lie, but they have a lot of potential for fun! ha ha!)

Jeff said...

Spookyrach, thank you! I don't know if I'll have quite the same fun YOU do, in YOUR profession .... but it WILL be fun.