Saturday, December 30, 2006

A couple of colorful stops along Next Blog Road ...

I still go exploring Blogger's corner of the blogosphere from time to time, clicking on the 'Next Blog' button, and seeing where it takes me. In return, I sometimes receive visits from others who are doing exactly the same thing, pausing to leave a comment and strike up an acquaintance.

One of those I've met recently - and virtually - is Karen at PEN IN HAND, who shares her views of the world through words (prose and poetry) and pictures (sketches and watercolors). Karen's a dang Yankee from 'back east,' like myself ... more than once, a West Texas native has asked me what I see in the northeast ... I think I might just start sending them to PEN IN HAND.

Another recent, virtual acquaintance is Californian Beau Blue at Blue's Blog who offers words spoken - and, sometimes, music played - by animated pictures. It's "poetry to protect the guilty" and it's presented in a manner that kept me clicking on the next offering, and the next, and the next. It appears the spirit of the Beat lives on, and has found a new avenue of expression on the information superhighway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also go blog trotting. Thanks for these two fascinating sites.

Jeff said...

Lynne, thank YOU for stopping in.

RomanceWriter said...

Pen in Hand sounds like a blog I'd like to check out. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hope you are having a great day,

Sara