Monday, May 01, 2006

Slings and Arrows, Pt. 2 ...

I've been thinking about something I posted a couple of days ago, about "suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous (and undeserved) fortune" ...

Last week, Jimmy at Sticky Doorknobs found himself dodging just such barbs, over something he claims - and I believe - he never wrote ...

I like to think, this weekend, Mr. Bush in Washington is nodding his head in sympathy with Mr. Patterson in Midland ...

Tomorrow is "Day Without a Mexican/Latino/Immigrant/Whatever" and, already, the rhetoric is cranking-up ...

One thing I'm hearing in taped interviews here, in West Texas, and elsewhere in the country, is that they're protesting President Bush's crackdown on illegal immigration, and his lack of sympathy for illegal immigrants living and working in the U.S. ...

Excuse me?

That's not what I'm hearing. My interpretation is that Bush wants to cut illegals some slack ... find a way for them to earn legal standing here ... which has put him at odds with other politicos inside the Beltway, including both Texans in the U.S. Senate ...


Isn't it Congress' crackdown they should be protesting?

I only ask, because I'm a firm believer in people taking to the streets, standing up, walking out and speaking up for what they believe in ...

But shouldn't you have a clearer idea of exactly what and who you're protesting?

George Bush may never have my vote ... but, this weekend, at least, he has my sympathy ...

No comments: