Friday, November 16, 2012

So long, it's been good to know ya'

In recent years, it's been nice to start my day online with a colorful, yet calming image of a creation by artist Dale Chihuly ...

... that ends today.

"Background images are going away on November 16, 2012," Google tells me. "Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we’ll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16, 2012."

I'm sure Google has all sorts of wonderful (though less-customized) new opportunities for me ... we'll see.

So long, it's been good to know ya'

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hmm. I never knew that Google supported background images, so I guess I won't miss them. ;-)

And, by the way, welcome back to the 'sphere!