Friday, June 13, 2008

I See Land People .....

..... everywhere I look, I see them. No big mystery, really ..... it's time for the annual meeting of the American Association of Petroleum Landmen, being held this year in Chicago.

As My Favorite Landman's dutiful and supportive spouse, I am bound to do whatever I can to be there when she needs me ..... even if I have to go to the ends of the earth ... well, then ends of the Midwest, at least.

Seriously, though, Chicago is a GREAT place. This isn't my first visit to the "I Will" city, but it's my favorite visit so far. Lots to see, lots to do, lots to learn and LOTS to eat and drink (always my favorite part of any opportunity to travel).

And, really, it's not such a bad time for AAPL to head up-north and back-east. With oil and gas prices the way they are, it has become more and more reasonable to return to and re-open America's first fields ... and no, they were not in Texas. Those prices have also provided an incentive to explore new opportunities - new locations and new means - as well. There's a lot of talk about those new opportunities going on in Chicago this week.

More, later ...

No comments: