Monday, December 10, 2007

The Job Hunt Continues .....

I have been truly encouraged by the demand out there for a freelance writer and production assistant ..... it's kept me busy, put a little money in the bank, and taught me a thing or two along the way (right now, I'm researching Martin Luther King for an article).

That's not to say I haven't been keeping my eyes open for an opportunity to secure a 'regular job.' I interview at Midland College, tomorrow, for a job there. And, now that UTPB's
JBS Public Leadership Institute has a new director I'm hoping they'll proceed with filling some staff vacancies they have - one of which I have applied for.

On a related note, I've applied to be a substitute teacher at the
Midland school district ..... there's a BIG demand for sub's, and I would still have some free time to develop stories and other projects in the freelance market.

3 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

I've wondered how that job hunt was going. I'll keep you in my prayers, Jeff...surely you will get your heart's desire, in time!

Jeff said...

Thank you, Janie!

Cowtown Pattie said...

Freelancing, huh? I think I would like to try some of that!