Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Welcome Home, Sam .....

As I noted in in yesterday's post, it was a night for television fans to enjoy their weekly fixes ..... unlike Jimmy at Sticky Doorknobs, though, I was able to hear all of my fix. "Life on Mars" came to an ending that was - for me - entirely satisfying. Sam Tyler came home at last ..... though he first had to come to terms with just where - and when - 'home' was.

I wish I could tell you to watch for LOM on videotape or DVD ..... but I can't. At this time, only the first of the two seasons is available, and that is on what Amazon.com describes as "Region 2 encoding (This DVD will not play on most DVD players sold in the US or Canada [Region 1]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region DVD player and compatible TV.)" ..... Why? I don't know ..... maybe it has something to do with an American version of LOM scheduled to air on ABC at mid-season ..... I notice that other BBC productions that came out at the same time as LOM - "Torchwood," "Jekyll" and "Doctor Who - Third Series" - and are not being adapted for American television, are readily available.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Maybe they will release LOM on a Region 1 disc set. Dede & I snagged Jekyll off of Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Jeff said...

Rob, thanks for stopping in ..... you may be right ..... the complete two-season set ..... I hope so.